WiP teams from regions/chapters are eligible to request funding for special projects or activities that align with the mission and vision of IEEE PES Women in Power. The IEEE WiP Funding Committee (1 person from Leadership Committee + WiP Chair + WiP VPs) invites all WiP teams to submit these Funding requests to bid for special funds.
Funding Request Conditions:
- Funding will be provided before the activity is held and upon WiP Chair (Region/Chapter) complete the request form and receive the confirmation of the approval.
- Travel expenses are not commonly approved but it could be an exception for your indispensable participation in certain events.
- Funding requests must be submitted by the WiP Chair from region or chapter.
- Each WiP team Region/Chapter will receive funding only once per year. Maximum amount up to 300$ per Chapter. If there are no more applications and there is still money, WiP Funding Committee will make an announcement to open new applications before the end of the year.
- Funding is available for partnering IEEE Societies and WIE Affinity Groups to hold activities in line with the mission and vision of IEEE PES Women in Power.
- Priority will be provided to WiP activities that help to recruit or renew PES memberships.
- Please itemize all expenses in US dollars only (please do not use local currency in the proposal). Justify the expenses with a quotation.
- Past events are not eligible for funding. Please submit your funding request before the date of the event.
- The WIP Funding Committee will review and approve/reject the funding request at their next scheduled meeting.
- If the special funding request has been initially approved, an activity report must be submitted to [email protected] within fifteen days (15) after the conclusion of the activity with details of the use of funds. If a report is not received, future requests for one year will not be reviewed and/or awarded.
- Activity report should include .JPG image files (and not embedded in the report) and a one-page write-up (Word format) on the activity.
- By submitting a photo or text, review our policy for intellectual property.
Funding – Submission Deadlines:
- 22 May 2022, (11:59 PM / GMT-10)
- 8 Aug 2022, 11:59 pm Eastern Time
- 30 October 2022, 11:59 pm Eastern Time
How to Apply:
- Complete the WIP Funding Request Form and send the detailed budget to [email protected]